Saturday, December 11, 2010

Handmade Treasures for Christmas Gifts

Tis the season for buying gifts for family and friends or for a white elephant or dirty santa game.  If you are like me you may find yourself at a loss for what to buy and I hate buying the same ole things year after year. So instead of a gift card or scarf, I bought this lovely candle holder for a gift exchange. After purchasing it, I was reminded of how handmade gifts are a great idea and sometimes overlooked in this busy season. The picture is a handmade sugar cone candle holder made from recycled pieces of a piano. My co-worker's husband made this piece. I want to encourage you that if you find yourself in the same place as me and want something unique and one of a kind, to skip the mall and go out to a local craft or antique store and purchase something that is handmade. I am sure your family and friends will love their handmade gift! You can also shop on etsy.com to buy handmade treasures from all over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment